More performance from less resource for more people is the model and the essence is affordable excellence, says Dr R A Mashelkar.
Surat, Gujarat : AURO University, Surat is organized Gandhian Engineering Idea Competition on October 2, 2020 to commemorate the 151 birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Total 172 entries were received from various categories such as AgriTech, Technology – IOT, AI, ML, , Green Business, Gaming E-Commerce, Food and Hospitality, Waste management, Textile, Logistics, medical and healthcare. UG, PG and school students from across the nation with 32 Educational institutions, 4 institutes of national importance (NID, NIFT, NIOS and EID) participating in it.
Padma Vibhushan Dr R A Mashelkar, ‘Bhishm Pitamah’ of Indian Innovation regime declared the prize winners of the competition. In his address, Dr Mashelkar explained the concept of ‘Gandhian engineering’, which is all about “getting more performance from less resource for more and more people of the world”.
Dr Mashelkar said that the essence of Gandhian engineering is affordable excellence and also that it thrives on the principle of not mass production but production by mass.
Advantages to the participants :
- Chance of funding and mentorship from top experts and Angel Investors
- Recognition of Idea and feedback from AURO University and other eminent jury members.
- Opportunity to reach to a great mentor pool.
- Awards and benefits of turning the idea to a business plan.
- A one –on-one session with experts.
- Ability to practice and focus on presenting and pitching the idea.
- A fair understanding of Surat Startup Ecosystem
- Boosting self-confidence
Leave a Reply